Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Mia visiting with Nana

Mia’s First Overnight Stay without her Parents.

Florida is the 9th State that Mia visited.
On Sunday, September 21, 2008 was Mia’s first overnight stay without Mom and Dad. She stood with Nana Evelyn at Fort Myers Beach, FL . Mia went for walks on the beach every morning with Nana (Nana and Mia love exploring, she sits in her stroller like a big girl taking in the view), took long naps during the day, played with her toys, was entertained by Uncle Dave dancing for Mia, Titi Nati snuggling with Mia, Sam saying is he Mia? – Yes, Sam she is Mia, Isaiah wanting to hold Mia, and loved every minute of Nana jumping to her every need (Thank you Nana). She slept through the night for Nana Sunday night and Monday night. Hey, she does not do that for me.
Mama returned from her business trip on Tuesday evening, anxious to see Mia, I jumped out of the car, ran up the stairwell five floors, and entered the resort and greeted my Mom in the kitchen. Mia was sitting with Uncle Dave in the living room. As I approached the living room and said "Mama’s back", Mia looked over and started flapping her arms with excitement and gave me a huge smile. I hugged and kissed her so much that she looked at me like what is wrong with Mama. We enjoyed the rest of the week with Nana and the crew. Antwanette, Dave, and Julius came over on Friday night to visit at the resort. Julius is so cute with his flaming red mohawk (natural). Julius had said Mama for the first time on Thursday Sept. 25. Julius is 8 months old. We visited my Aunt Joanne and friends while in Fort Myers as well. Everyone loved Mia and was amazed at how advanced she is.
What she learned while away from Mom and Dad. If I lift my hands up while someone was passing, I will get picked up. I realized that on the flight home, every time the flight attendant passed by she would raise her arms and follow in the direction that she was walking until she did not see her anymore. Mia did this several times it was so funny.
She would look at me with a bewildered look on her face like Mama why is she not picking me up? I was seated by the window and the couple next to me got a kick out of Mia wanting to go for a walk. I tried to explain to her about strangers but she looked at me jumped up and down on my lap and stared towards the aisle walkway. She also was very interested in the conversation that the couple sitting next to us was having just like her Dad. I tried to face her towards the window and she would break her neck to look towards the couple.
The Ahhh moment of the whole trip was when Mia and I were waiting at the baggage claim. Dad approached and greeted Mia. He pulled her out of her car seat and was saying Daddy missed you so much. She grabbed his face with her hands and with her mouth open, leaned her face into his face several times. She was giving her Daddy kisses. Then she put her face into his chest and gave him a hug. It was too cute.

Below are pictures from our stay in Florida.

While Mom and Dad were working, I took long naps

Nana taking a picture of MiaMia showing off - Showing Nana she drinks from a Sippy Cup

Nana, Victor and Mia went to Publix

Okay Nana, where is my Mama ?


Taking another nap


and another nap

Nana and Mia - Girls Rule

Mama back from her business trip - look at me Mama touching my toes

Too cute

Mia, Sam and Isaiah hanging out

Momma and Mia in the pool

Isaiah, David and Sam
Mia in her swimsuit
Julius looking cute
Julius, Mama, Antwanette and Mia
Mia sitting in her portable highchair