Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Subway Series




Mia first trip out of state was to New York on June 30th. Pitcher Oliver Perez beat the Yankees for the second time this season to help the Mets take the final Subway Series game at Shea. Mets win 3 to 1. Even though she will not remember this historic moment, she looked cute. The noise from the Queen's crowd did not bother her much. It was a humid and hot day.




4th of July weekend, Mia's first vacation to Lincoln, NH. Mia visited Connecticut, Rhode Island, New Hampshire and Vermont. We stopped in Groton, CT for a 4th of July Parade that we could not cross. We stopped at Jerusalem, Galilee, Watch Hill, and Narragansett RI. Then to Coventry, RI for Mom and Dad's Wedding Anniversary. Next day headed up to the White Mountains to meet Aida and Elena. We had a lot of fun. Visited the Flume in Franconia, Littleton(Famous for the longest candy counter display in the world), and the most nerve recking trip of Mama's life - Mount Washington.



I recommend taking sleeping pills for the drive up. I had several OMG!!! moments as we drove up to the summit at 6,288 feet. All I can say is I never want to take that drive again. Narrow dirt road and a 5,000 foot drop !! Then when you get to the top you can read about all the people that died. I found that out the next day when Brady mentioned it to me and all I could say was Oh my God !! Here are some pictures from our trip.




Look at the man to the right :)



Happy Fourth of July.



At the Flume in Franconia
Last but not least - Mount Washington OMG!!

The edge of the road
Oh My GOD !!